- The tank site must be flat and level, the area well compacted and free from any rocks, stones and sharp objects
- Ensure that the prepared site is at least 600mm larger in diameter than the tank
- A 75mm (3”) base of compacted crusher dust may be used as a tank pad. A reinforced concrete slab is also acceptable and must be greater than the diameter of the tank
- If a material other than concrete is used, a retaining wall or surround must be provided to prevent erosion
- The overflow must be piped well clear of the tank to avoid undermining of the tank base.
- Ensure that a flexible hose of at least 300mm (12”) is installed after the outlet valve to absorb any shocks or movement
- Modular tanks must be installed on a reinforced concrete slab
Rainwater Tank Installation Guide